- New GDPR feature
- New Datawallet feature
- Fixes a potential deadlock in handling network requests
- Fixes an issue with FollowAnalyticsMutableConfiguration where on device ,api were sent in production mode, even if debug set to true
- Fixes typo in FollowAnalyticsAPIMode
May 18th, 2018
- Breaking: deprecates FAFollowApps, replaced with FollowAnalytics. When updating, at minimum, all imports must be changed to
<FollowApps/FAFollowApps.h>. The new FollowAnalytics interface is available by importing
<FollowAnalytics/FollowAnalytics.h>. For the time being all calls to FollowApps are marked as deprecated but continue to function without change. The documentation for the new FollowAnalytics interface is in the header files. Please keep importing
<FollowApps/FAFollowApps.h>if you don't wish to adopt the new interface.
- overall improvements in network handling with better offloading from caller thread
- fixes an AppStore publication problem when using strip-frameworks.sh. It must be used for both FollowAnalytics.framework and FANotificationExtension.framework
- new opt-in analytics feature
- fixes an issue about country detection
- deprecation of previously provided Settings.bundle
- for manual installs the directory structure of the distribution changed, please see the details in the doc. Additionally the FANotificationExtension is included in the distribution zip file. In the future we intend to include FANotificationExtension as a sub-spec to FollowAnalytics pod.
- documentation clarifies integration steps such as use of debug flag
- new log subsystem
February 26th, 2018
- Fixed a bug that prevented InApps to be displayed under special conditions.
- Added public method to get the status of the user Notification preferences.
- The framework is now dynamic (available only iOS 8+).
⚠️ To use the new framework, please use
We kept the old framework static (compatible with iOS 6) on the pod
FollowApps who should not be updated for future releases.
November 24th, 2017
- Fixed bug when openURL was called and the notification was received in foreground.
November 23th, 2017
- Fix for title and identifier in iOS Push Notifications.
November 22th, 2017
- Added title, subtitle and custom sound for contextual notification.
- Added a delegate with a completion handler when openUrl is called from a notification.
- (void)followAppsNotificationHandleOpenURLWithCompletion:(void (^_Nonnull)(void))completionOpenUrl
- Fixed random crash that appeared during the deserialisation of NSDecimalObject
- Handle an unlimited number of geofences
- Remove warnings from Xcode 9
- Fixed new session not being called after the third change of the userId.
- Send notification token for each new session
August 2nd, 2017
- Fix fullScreen inApp not appearing at forefront of the tabulation bar when a navigation bar was also present.
July 27th, 2017
- Fix crash related to FALog.
- Replace SSZipArchive as a framework dependency.
July 12th, 2017
- Remove warnings.
- Update third party.
June 9th, 2017
⚠️In this release, you will have to change the configure method⚠️
- New initialize method:
+ (BOOL)configureWithId:(nonnull NSString *)FAId sharedAppGroup:(nullable NSString * )appGroup automatise:(BOOL)automatise debugStateOn:(BOOL)isDebug options:(nullable NSDictionary *)options
- Add a new framework for Notification Extension (FANotificationExtension).
- Add badge management. For more information, please refer to the latest documentation.
- Add new method to let the developer decide when the geofencing should be activated.:
May 26th, 2017
- Add a method for configuring follow with the watch.
- Fix followAppsShouldHandleParameter and deepLink called twice On iOS 10 and later when the app is opened from a remote notification.
April 26th, 2017
Added a delegate method for registering notification categories:
- (void)followAppsRegisterNotificationCategoriesIf you have notification categories, you should register them inside this method.
Fix one duplicate symbol with third party.
- Fix followAppsShouldHandleParameter called twice On iOS 10 and later when the app is opened from a local notification.
April 12th, 2017
SDK 5.0 introduces a new type of campaign: inApp templates. For more information, please refer to the latest documentation.
Campaign Storage - Inbox support
New feature: all scheduled campaigns received by a device can be archived locally and accessed from the developer's code, formatted as a message object.
- Classes :
- Object :
For more information, please refer to the documentation.
Some methods are now deprecated and replaced by others.
+ (void)addCustomUserAttributeSet:(NSSet *)attributeSet forKey:(NSString *)key + (void)removeCustomUserAttributeSet:(NSString *)attribute forKey:(NSString *)key
are now replaced by:
+ (BOOL)addCustomUserAttributeSet:(NSSet *)set toSetWithKey:(NSString *)key //Add a set of string element to the specify set. + (BOOL)removeCustomUserAttribute:(NSString *)attribute fromSetWithkey:(NSString *)key //Remove one element from the specify set.
You can also use:
+ (BOOL)addCustomUserAttribute:(NSString *)attribute toSetWithKey:(NSString *)key //Add only one string element into the specify set + (BOOL)removeCustomUserAtributeSet:(NSSet *)set fromSetWithKey:(NSString *)key // remove a set of string element from a specify set
Every method about user Attribute now returns a
January 16th, 2017
- Added Localized string when displaying push in foreground.
- iOS10 native display format notification in forgreground if forcePushInForeground activated.
December 7th, 2016
Improves iOS 10 notification compatibility.
If you do not use CocoaPods, please add the following library to your project:
UserNotificationsThis requires you to implement the following method to handle notifications:
:::objective-c - (void)userNotificationCenter:(UNUserNotificationCenter *)center willPresentNotification:(UNNotification *)notification withCompletionHandler:(void (^)(UNNotificationPresentationOptions))completionHandler
November 3rd, 2016
- Fix on deep-linking
- Improve Device ID registration
- Display validator when opening app from specific link
September 30th, 2016
This version has an issue with deep-linking, where some deep-linking might trigger the display of the device ID in the app. Please stop using this version and update to v4.2.1.
AdaptiveSDK now allows to fetch tags from Segment
️Removed deprecated method:
- (void)followAppsShouldHandleParameters:(NSDictionary *)openingParameters
You should now use
Validator now shows the device ID
Automatically register the device ID if the app is open from the associated e-mail sent from the product.
new deprecated methods:
+ (void)pauseRichCampaignDisplay + (void)resumeRichCampaignDisplay
+ (void)pauseCampaignDisplay; + (void)resumeRichCampaignDisplay
resumemethods now work on all kinds of campaign.
April 29th, 2016
- SDK can now handle App Deep Linking URLs, we directly call openURL method, so you don't have to add some code in your application to handle it.
- Further improved compatibility with 3rd party libraries (KSCrash)
- Improved TUNE integration, the validator check if TUNE is correctly configured with Follow.
- Developers can now have access to the original AppDelegate (Swift only)
March 21st, 2016
- Improved compatibility with 3rd party libraries
- Multi device support
March 1st, 2016
- Add User Attritbutes feature
- Fix for delivery Notification containing deep link when application was killed
- Fix In-App Notification delivery
- Improved Push Notification registration
February 8th, 2016
- Improved campaign and deep link parameters handling
- Bug fixes
January 26th, 2016
- Allow fetching of custom params from last Push Notification
October 15th, 2015
- Improvements for 3rd party library conflicts
- InApp campaigns can now be paused/resumed according to UI needs
- same goes for OpenURL in campaign buttons
- SDK is now full Bitcode
- URL schemas management improvements
- Validator improvements, checking valid API Key existance
- SDK will now warn you when trying to perform logs without initializing the SDK
September 21st, 2015
- Better integration with third party frameworks (FMDB, Mapbox, KSCrash)
August 28th, 2015
- AdaptiveSDK: You can now automatically benefit from the tags you have set using Mixpanel, Google Analytics, Localytics or UrbanAirship
- Validator now helps you check your configuration of the SDK
- Fixed possible occasional crash in background
- improved readability of header file and documentation
July 15th, 2015
- Contextual Campaigns feature
- Improvement on session count reliability
- Fix for when receiving 2+ coupon campaigns at the same time
April 20th, 2015
- Fixed a bug related to crash handling
- changed interactive notification callback method
March 12th, 2015
- Improvements for edge cases on iOS 8 interactive notifications
March 4th, 2015
- Fixed iOS 8 notifications with actions (added a callback)
November 4th, 2014
- Optimizations for edge cases
October 21st, 2014
- Fixed issue where application delegate would not receive touches
September 29th, 2014
- iOS8 and xCode 6 compatibility: Push registration Interactive Push
- General Availability of Attribution Analytics feature: integration with MobileAppTracking SDK
- Ability to display the device ID in order to target a single device for push test purpose through internal API and url scheme
- Improved session reliability considering foreground/background application lifecycle
- Easier integration: SDK delivered both as a pod and a framework
May 5th, 2014
- crash logs were not matching what's done on Android and what the server is now expecting. It's changed, and 1.4.8 should not be used.
Should not be used, see 1.4.9
- crash logs are now fully detailed. As of this version, they will not be shown in the error section of the platform, only taken into account for the Crash analysis section.
April 28th, 2014
- The switch in Settings / Application is now "End user usage reports" instead of "Send usage reports"
April 25rd, 2014
- A crash log is not sent anymore if the user kills the app in background. It now notifies the platform that the app was terminated
- If the app crashes in background out of an SDK session (for instance the app has a task that lasts 3 minutes and crashes at the end), it has no impact on the SDK. This crash will not be reported. Previously, it would be randomly reported on other sessions.
April 23rd, 2014
- Logs are now limited to 60Kb overall.
- Performance improvements during intense logging activity.
- Change on setUserId: it now starts a new session every time it's called, if the userId sent is different from the previous and not empty.
April 16th, 2014 * Added a method to unset the user Id (starts a new session).
April 10th, 2014
- New fix for arm64 (iPhone 5S, iPad mini Retina, etc.) on log saving.
April 7th, 2014
- SDK would not log any events where the developer had set the details field to "nil".
March 18th, 2014
- Updated crash lib, mostly to fix issues with arm64.
March 8th, 2014
- can now log details as String or Hash.
- can track push openings